Ever since I was about 15, I have written two lists on my birthday.
The first is looking back at the previous year. I list the things that have happened, the things I've done, the things I'm pleased with, the things I wished I had done differently, the things I've learned and whatever else takes my fancy.
The second list is for the things I want to do, or improve in, or learn, or think about, or change.
The first list seems too personal to publish on a blog, so here's an edited version of my second list.
Things I'm aiming for, hoping for, praying for, and working towards when I'm 34
- to grow in patience and love for people
- to cook more nutritious meals for the family - that they will eat!
- to finish my book on friendship and find a publisher
- to read the Bible more
- to speak loving truth in all my relationships
- to sleep longer hours and eat better food and have more energy
- to start writing my novel