Funky bunting

I'm pretty proud of these little bunnies. I've been working on them on and off for about six months. First I made little bits of random patchwork, then sewed each piece of bunting onto its pocket-shaped back, turned it out and ironed it. The tassels were pretty easy and got sewed into the bottom of each one. Then I attached them to each other with three stitches down the side and attached the top strip of fabric which keeps them all together.

 

Originally they were intended to become 'pelmets' for each window in our lounge room but when I put them up they made the room too busy and looked a little bit kitsch. 

They go much better in the other room all in one row.