My hubby and I went away with Only One Child over the weekend. We had three nights away from the other three children - our longest break away ever - and had a lovely time. Here are some things I noticed:
- it's nice to be able to talk to your husband without constant interruptions.
- not cooking sounds like a good idea, but the reality is that I need a good dose of steamed vegetables every day or else I start to feel unhealthy.
- cheap accommodation can be pretty comfortable. But no matter how cheap, an essential is a teabag and a kettle.
- I really am a homebody. On the second night I wanted to go home and started to feel all out of sorts. I had to calm myself and say, "It's okay. You'll cope. You'll survive." Ridiculous.
- Country towns are lovely. You forget how many people live in rural and regional Australia.