1000 gifts, numbers 120-129
This ongoing list is based on Ann Voskamp's book '1000 gifts', all about thankfulness for the small things in life.
120. I'm thankful for the great number of honest people in my life. I love people who tell the truth, who don't hide behind excuses or even quips and jokes. I love people who just are who they are and who don't have to be anything different.
121. I'm thankful for positive people. There's nothing more uplifting than hanging out with people who are fun and positive and who don't get their self-worth from putting others down.
122. I'm thankful for generous people. I have been on the receiving end of so many people's generosity for so many years. Sometimes I get to give a little back, which is fun. I like to call it 'God's economy'. You benefit from someone's generosity so you can pass it on to someone else.
123. I'm thankful for grandparents who ring up to invite their grandchildren to come and visit for a couple of nights in the school holidays, who cope with dietary challenges and who take 'odd' behaviour in their stride.
124. I'm thankful for the opportunity to be thankful. Every day this week when I've felt a little bit grumpy or frustrated or just plain cranky, I've had a voice in the back of my head say, "Find something to be thankful for here." When I've verbalised the many good things around me, I've calmed down and found ways through the frustration.
125. I'm thankful for two year olds. They have the inbuilt ability to both tax my patience completely and intrigue, fascinate and delight me completely.
126. I'm thankful for children's singing and children's dancing. How sweet it is to watch and listen to.
127. I'm thankful for cheese, dip, rhubarb and yoghurt cake, home made ice cream, strawberries, cashews and other delicious food.
128. I'm thankful for other people's artistic talents. Today we were given the most beautiful painting. The sky in it takes my breath away.
129. I'm thankful for answered prayer, even for silly little things, and for the gentle nudges to pray for others.
What are you thankful for?