1000 gifts, numbers 60-69
Today I am thankful for these things.
60. My husband, who is being kind enough to look after the children every morning of the holidays so that I can go out and do a few hours work on my novel each day.
61. A generous friend who offered me the use of this gorgeous cottage in which to do the work.
62. The view out the kitchen window. I could see this from where I was sitting.
63 and 64. Cups of tea. Good for thinking and feeling relaxed. And then, creativity and attention to detail. Check out the word 'hope' in the poured, polished concrete kitchen bench. There's also 'faith' and 'love'. Beautiful reminders of the important things in life.
65. Chocolate brown. Isn't it a great colour? And aren't curtains marvellous things?
66. Recycling, upcycling, whatever you like to call it. It's nice to see things repurposed and reused. Plus, I just really like wood.
67. There's something just so cool about going to the loo in a really stylish bathroom.
68. I'm thankful for quirky details that make me stop and delight.
69. And finally, gardens. I don't have the talent or the time myself, but I love someone else's beautiful garden.